A gas safety check involves us inspecting your gas appliances. We will check the appliance is working correctly and safely. The following inspections will be carried out:
- Operating pressure and/or heat output measured & recorded
- All the safety devices are working properly and shutting the appliance off if a fault occurs.
- That any ventilation routes are clear and working properly, checking the flue or chimney to make sure the products of combustion (fumes) are being safely removed to outside.
- Combustion analysed using a flue gas analyser
- The check will identify and record any defects in the areas covered which require remedial work
You will be provided with a certificate (gas safety record)
If you are a landlord you must have gas safety check carried out annually by a gas safe registered engineer and provide your tenant with a copy of the certificate.